World Handicap System
In January 2020, a new handicap system was rolled out to the world. We don’t require our members to maintain a personal handicap. We use league handicaps for all events held at our club. However, for those of you who wish to maintain an offical USGA sanctioned HDCP using the GHIN system, here are some important changes to be aware of about the new handicap system:
- Handicaps will be calculated using 8 out of your last 20 scores (instead of 10)
- Handicaps will be revised daily instead of only on the 1st and 15th of the month.
- You will need to adjust each hole score to a net double bogey now which is calculated as:
Max Score = Par + 2 + strokes you get
Example: Suppose your hdcp is 10. You score an 8 on hole 6. You would get 1 stroke on this hole.
So, max score is 4 + 2 + 1 = 7
- Weather conditions will also be looked at and scores will automatically be adjusted if they affect your normal scoring.
GHIN Handicap System
- GHIN is still the system you can use to maintain a personal handicap.
- To obtain a Ghin Number you need to pay $23 for the golf season. See Pro Shop to get signed up. If you already have an account and forgot your ghin number, send an email or see Larry at the club.
- To post your scores online click here: GHIN
- I suggest you post scores hole by hole if you need help adjusting scores to a net double bogey.